- Job interviews are strange phenomenons. You may leave an interview thinking you’ve scored big time. Your interviewer may think otherwise. Check out these 5 Mistakes Job Interviewers Secretly Hate to make sure you really do score.
- Looking to transform your resume into an infographic wonder? Turn Your LinkedIn Into A Sweet Infographic With Visualize.me! Paired with your ATS resume, you can’t go wrong.
- Creativity is finally getting some well-deserved appreciation in the work place but now that it’s worming its into almost every career, you might find yourself struggling. Check out 7 Ways To Boost Your Creativity and set that imagination loose.
- You might be job-interview-phobic, but that doesn’t mean you should let ’em see you sweat! Here are 5 Ways To Look Confident in an Interview (Even When You’re Freaking Out)
- Afraid of appearing clueless at work? Don’t be. Or so say the experts! Check out The Career Fears You Must Get Over: Advice From 7 Executives for more tips. (You’ll breath easier!)
Fortune magazine ranks Target No. 22 on its 2013 list of “World’s Most Admired Companies.” Renee Bilotti, the executive team leader from Target, RI had a one-on-one session with me and shared some of her advice for college graduates seeking jobs.
1. How long do you usually spend reading a resume? Do you use resume-scanning software?
We don’t use any resume-scanning software. Those systems usually spend 30-40 seconds on each resume. At Target, we have several rounds of the preliminary screening process before we decide to conduct a phone interview or one-to-one interview. For me, personally, I only spend 10-15 seconds on a resume. To judge whether a resume is qualified, there are two things that I will look at the first sight:
So you’ve applied for your dream job and received the email about arranging an interview. You feel as though you’ve just mastered the penultimate level of your favorite gruesome video-game; you’ve killed off all those enemy soldiers or ghosts or zombies or panda bears, or whatever you’re into… Now all that’s left is conquering the final stage – in this case, the dreaded Skype interview.
The Skype interview can be a daunting challenge.