Last Updated: October 24, 2012
Your Privacy Rights
- Information Sharing and Registration with Social Media Websites
- Our Disclosure of Your Information
- No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
- Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
- How we protect and store personal information
- Third Parties
- Contact Us
You can browse our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. If you register for account with us, you give us your personal information, and you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States and elsewhere in the world.
When you visit our website or use our applications, services, or tools, we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This information is not associated with you personally unless you sign in as a registered user.
We collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with the use and access to our website, applications, services and tools:
- E-mail address, phone number, mobile telephone number, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers
- Transactional information based on your activities on the sites, shipping, billing, and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item
- Personal information you provide to us through community discussions, member information pages, correspondence, chats, dispute resolution, or shared by you from other social applications, services, or websites
- Additional personal information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies
- Other supplemental information obtained from third parties such as demographic and navigation data; and credit check information, and additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law
- Information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information
Information Sharing and Registration with Social Media Websites
We offer sign-on services that allow you to use third party login credentials to access the Degrees2Dreams website. We also offer services that allow you to share information with third party social media websites such as Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, and others.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with access to our sites and our services, and provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Provide access to the site and the services and customer support you request;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- Customize, measure, and improve our services, content, and advertising;
- Tell you about our services and those of our corporate family, deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- Contact you at telephone numbers we have collected, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorized by our User Agreement;
- Provide you other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your personal information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can indicate your communications preference within the direct communication from us.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We also share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, site operations, and co-branded credit cards).
- Members of the Degrees2Dreams Inc. corporate family to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions, and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, sites, applications, tools, services and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you’ve requested their services and will use your personal information in compliance with their respective privacy policies and our global privacy standards.
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Degrees2Dreams user to legal liability. In such events, we will disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
- Credit bureaus. We may report information about your account to credit bureaus. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
We use “cookies” (small data files placed within your computing device) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about our use of these technologies are:
- Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties, known as service providers, that we have allowed on our site that assist us with various aspects of our web site operations and services
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your Degrees2Dreams communication preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. To report Degrees2Dreams-related spam or spoof emails to Degrees2Dreams, please forward the email to info@Degrees2Dreams.com. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We periodically automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks, and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. We do not rent or sell email addresses.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters, and do not disclose your Degrees2Dreams password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Degrees2Dreams and change your password.
You can see, review, and change most of your personal information by signing on to Degrees2Dreams. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Degrees2Dreams User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the U.S. and elsewhere in the world where our facilities are located. We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and we provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings. We retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our User Agreement and take other actions permitted by law.
If your questions are not answered online, you may write to us at: Degrees2Dreams Inc., 248 Highland St., Marshfield, MA 02050 USA