Searching for a job can be a scary thing — especially when you’re fresh out of college and lack considerable experience in the professional world. Here a few tips from SoftwareAdvice.com for the young hopefuls trying to land that first job out of college.
- There’s nothing worse than being pegged as a newb. If you’re a little wet behind the ears in this blog-eat-blog world, watch out for these 7 Practices That Make You Look Like a Rookie Blogger.
- LinkedIn’s Visual Portfolio feature has been out there since May, but if you’re like me, you just got your hands on this juicy addition. You don’t have to be in a creative field to include some eye candy on your profile- just make sure to check out How To Showcase Your Portfolio Using LinkedIn’s “Professional Portfolio” Feature to make sure you’re on the right track.
Calling all college students- you undoubtedly have enough on your plate without having to worry about how your college experiences affect the probability of you getting a job. But… it’s true. So give these 12 College Experiences Your Resume Needs a shot. (It’s as simple as joining a club)!
- You’ve got the skills. Now use ‘em. Read 3 Ways I Made More Money With My Existing Skills to find out how Leah Manderson takes advantage of hers and how you can do the same.
- You might be job-interview-phobic, but that doesn’t mean you should let ‘em see you sweat! Here are 5 Ways To Look Confident in an Interview (Even When You’re Freaking Out)
- Afraid of appearing clueless at work? Don’t be. Or so say the experts! Check out The Career Fears You Must Get Over: Advice From 7 Executives for more tips. (You’ll breath easier!)